Updated: Feb 6
If you've been on the fence about booking a boudoir session with us, that's totally normal.
Every session and person is different but we still treat every single person the same way no matter your size, race, age or body type. Our posing is geared towards everyone and everyone looks amazing in them!
Here are some facts about our sessions.
For the most part, I am completely transparent about what a session consists of with me. You arrive at 11:00AM, we go through the outfits you brought and choose what would work best for your session. From there, you move into hair and makeup while I style and finish setting up the studio. After hair and makeup is complete, the shoot begins!!
I talk and walk you through the whole thing. For an hour, babe, it's all about YOU! Looking and feeling like the Badass Babe you are, posing like a natural while I'm all giddy with excitement seeing you turn into a Queen! After your session is completed and you're back in your street clothes (everyone forgets what they wore to the shoot - it's pretty funny!) you'll head out for lunch for an hour and a half while I soft edit your images. After lunch, you'll come back to the studio and we'll sit down and you'll get to see all your photos for the first time!
So what else do you need to know? Let's break it down for ya:
1. I pose you 100%. I actually demonstrates every pose for you so you get to physically see the pose before rocking it yourself. I will adjust your hands, feet, tell you what to do with your face (chin up, lashes down, breathe through your mouth), mess with you hair, tuck portions of your outfit if needed. It's all taken care of! If posing has been stressing you out (or it's on the the things holding you back from taking that leap) don't let it be - I've got chu, boo!
2. I help style all your outfits, literally from head to toe. Whether it's a bridal look and you need a veil, to matching the perfect necklace or body chain to your freaking shoes! Each outfit you wear is unique to you and no one else has worn it quite that way before. You are a beautiful and unique human and it only makes sense that your outfits embrace that too!
a thing to note: the higher the heels, the better! You DO NOT need to walk in them! You can put them on after you’ve gotten to your posing destination, no need to hobble and risk breaking an ankle. Trust me, we all look like baby giraffe’s walking in them when in reality we could walk all cute and barefooted and then pop those suckers on!
3. You WILL be doing a serious work out. You ARE going to be pushing your body's limits. Whether you work out and do yoga every day or your workout is walking for a snack (anyone else? Just me? Cool Cool...) you will be sore. Practice cat-cow yoga pose, drink all the water, stretch and be prepared to feel like you worked your butt off at the gym. You kind of did, but you for some damn good photos in the process! ;)
Pain isn’t good. If it hurts, stop! I can always adjust poses so they are more comfortable for you. I don't want you feeling uncomfortable so if a pose isn't working, we will move on to the next! No biggie!
4. Don't be afraid to ask for a break! Potty break, snack break, water break, pose break - seriously, whatever you need. I want you to be as comfortable as possible. If you're shaking while holding a pose and you feel like you're going to break, TELL ME! It's OKAY!!
5. This session will be the start (or continuation) of your self love journey. You deserve to see yourself how others do. You are seriously gorgeous! Your body has been with your through it all, it’s the only thing that has. Embrace it, honour it, give it the same love you give others. You are real, you are enough, you are powerful and it’s about damn time you see yourself that way because we sure as hell do.
Please also note, there is not any room for negativity in my studio. I won’t let you pick yourself apart, I won’t let you talk badly about yourself. If you do, we will stop mid-session and have a discussion about it.
Hopefully you learned some fun tidbits about my boudoir session process. If you haven't experienced one for yourself (yet...). If you have experienced one and you feel like I left something out, let me know in the comments! I obviously want you to have the best time during your session with me and I can't wait to get you in to the studio!
If you're ready to take the leap, visit www.loveandwanderlustboudoir.ca and let's chat about booking your boudoir session!